Man Charged With 64 Offences After 35 Bodies and Ashes Removed From Funeral Home

A funeral director has been charged with dozens of offences after police uncovered 35 decomposing bodies and suspected human ashes at a mortuary in Hull.

64 Charges for Robert Bush

Robert Bush, 47, formerly of Kirk Ella, East Yorkshire, has been charged with 64 offences following a ten-month police investigation into Legacy Independent Funeral Directors. The charges include 30 counts of preventing a lawful and decent burial and 30 counts of fraud by false representation – linked to 254 victims.

Bodies and Ashes Uncovered

The alarm was first raised in March 2024 when police were called to the company’s site on Hessle Road in Hull. What followed was a huge investigation involving officers across Humberside Police. A total of 35 bodies were discovered, along with what officers described as “suspected human ashes.”

Bush is also charged with one count of fraudulent trading in relation to funeral plans between May 2012 and March 2024, involving 172 victims. Another charge of fraud relates to the handling of ashes over a seven-year period, covering 50 victims. He also faces two counts of theft from charities.

Court Date Set

Bush is due to appear at Hull Magistrates’ Court on June 25.

https://www.crimewatch.co.uk/they-said-theyd-been-shopping-in-new-york-but-police-officers-opened-their-suitcases-and-exposed-the-truth/

Police: Families Deserve Answers

Speaking at a press conference, Deputy Chief Constable Dave Marshall said: “This has been a complex, protracted and highly sensitive investigation. A file of evidence was submitted to the CPS in January. Robert Bush has now been charged with a total of 64 offences.”

“We’ve updated the families of the 35 deceased with this development. We’ve also started contacting other victims affected by this case and will continue to do so in the coming days.”

He urged the public not to speculate: “As this now moves into the courts, we ask that people refrain from commenting to avoid prejudicing the case. The families deserve answers, and they have always been our priority throughout.”

Woman Released With No Further Action

A 55-year-old woman who had been arrested last July as part of the investigation will face no further action, police confirmed.

Total
0
Shares
Previous Article

They Said They’d Been Shopping in New York, but Police Officers Opened Their Suitcases and Exposed the Truth

Next Article

Whatsapp Messages Spark a Police Raid on a Family Home

Related Posts
Total
0
Share